Terms and rules
New terms for domain name administration is applicable from February 6, 2019
Changes made relate to linguistic adjustments. Any changes to the terms and conditions are effective one (1) month after the change having been published on .SE Direkt’s website, www.sedirekt.se (February 6, 2019). The changes to the Terms and Conditions apply from the Effective Date, this also applies to Holders registered after the date of publication. In connection with the changes to the terms and conditions, the domain holder has the right to terminate these terms and conditions under Section 4.2 and any right to a repayment of annual fee(s) in accordance with section 4.3. Here you can read the new terms.
.SE Direkt’s existing terms for domain name administration apply until February 5 when registering a .se domain. Always thoroughly read the terms before you register a new domain name. The terms address such issues as:
- Anyone can register a .se domain provided that it is available, is not on IIS’s list of blocked names and does not contravene Swedish law. You can check whether a domain is available here.
- The first come, first serve principle applies.
- A .se domain must have at least two and not more than 63 characters.
- A .se domain can comprise the letters a-z, å, ä, ö, é and ü, the numbers 0-9, hyphens and characters that are found in the official Swedish minority languages or in the languages of our neighboring Nordic countries.
- The domain holder must provide a working e-mail address and complete contact information.
- The chosen name may not contravene any laws or infringe on anyone else’s rights, such as a brand.
Integrity policy for .SE Direkt
For domain holders information regarding the processing of your personal data you leave in connection with registration of domain name is described in
.SE Direkt´s integrity policy.
Terms and Conditions of registration applicable for the top-level domain .se
IIS (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation) updates new registration terms from February 6, 2019. Read more here: https://www.iis.se/english/domains/se/terms-and-conditions/
Existing registration terms from IIS (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation) apply until February 5, 2019 for all .se domain name holders.
You can read IIS (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation) registration terms here, which apply for all holders of .se domains.
Blocked and reserved domain names
There are a number of categories of domain names that have been blocked or reserved by IIS. Here you can download a text file with a list of all blocked and reserved domain names.
Certain domain names are completely blocked for registration, while others are reserved for authorized applicants.
The following combinations are also blocked but not presented on the list:
- All numerical combinations in the xxxxxx-xxxx format that constitute or could constitute a personal identity number.
- The numerical series 900 000 – 909 000 with the formats 90xxxx-x or 90x-xxxx.
- 90 000 for emergency calls.
- For technical reasons, domain names that begin with two characters followed by two hyphens are also blocked.