You can change the registrar for your .se domains at any given time. You can read more about how to go about this here.
How to make .SE Direkt your registrar
- Contact your current registrar and ask them for an authorization (EPP) code for the domain name concerned.
- Go to the DomainManager.
- Click on “Change registrar.”
- Complete the form to change your registrar to .SE Direkt.
- Read and accept the terms of the agreement.
- Click on “Execute.”
- You will receive confirmation of the change by e-mail with the subject header “New account created.” When the change has been finalized, you will receive an account in .SE Direkt’s DomainManager.
When you switch to us, a new account/customer number will be created. If you already have one or more accounts with us, we recommend that you import these so that you have your domains gathered in a single account. Read more about how to go about this here.
How to request an authorization code for a domain name when you want to change to a registrar other than .SE Direkt
- Go to the DomainManager.
- Log into your account. If you are missing any login information, you can request this here.
- When you have logged in, click on “Domains” in the menu to the left.
- Click on the domain name for which you would like an authorization code. Please note that only the holder of a domain name is authorized to request an authorization code in the DomainManager.
- Click on “Generate authorization code.”
- Click on “OK” in the message box that appears.
- The code will now be displayed on the screen.
- Copy and save the code so that you can give it to your new registrar. Please note that any and all contacts (administrative, technical and/or billing contacts) will be disconnected from the domain name in conjunction with the change of registrar. If you want to add an administrative, technical and/or billing contact after the switch, please contact your new registrar.
The process for changing registrar
- The domain holder contacts the current registrar and obtains an authorization code (EPP).
- The registrar ensures that the party requesting the authorization code is in fact the domain holder and subsequently generates the code, which is given to the domain holder.
- The domain holder contacts the new registrar and gives them the authorization code pursuant to the procedures that the new registrar has for this.
- The change is finalized and IIS Registry confirms that finalization to both the new and former registrar.
- The new registrar confirms the change to the domain holder.
If you are missing any login information for the DomainManager
To log in, you must have valid login information (a customer number and password). If you are missing any login information, you can obtain new information here. In this case, an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address that is registered for the account, complete with instructions about how to create a new password.
If you are do not have an e-mail address in our registry or if the current address does not work, you can complete the E-mail update form and submit it to us and we will update it for you.